First let me confess that I am a seriously lazy cook. Only problem in my eyes with being a lazy cook is that I also like good food. Lucky for me, I’ve discovered that my crock pot can produce some really good food, and some lovely comfort food. This casserole is something that I would put in the comfort food category.
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 2 Onions, diced
- 2 Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 1 can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Macaroni Shells
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 250 g Bacon (half a package), cooked and chopped into small pieces
- Fry ground beef with onions, peppers and garlic until browned.
- Place beef mixture with tomato soup, stewed tomatoes, and macaroni shells in slow cooker. Mix and cook for 1 1/2 hours on high (until shells are cooked).
- Transfer to a casserole dish (or into 6 individual serving casserole dishes) and garnish with cheese and bacon.
- Place in pre heated oven for 1 hour at 300 F
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.
- For the bacon I don't like to cook it all the way through, just enough for it to release most of the grease without cooking. I find the flavor from the bacon seeps into the dish better that way (and I love the bacon flavor).
I’d love to connect with you, you can find me here:
I’ll be parting with these lovely hosts (or for a break down by date and time please go to my party page)